Thursday, February 23, 2012

Easy Pumpkin Soup

Got These?
Then let's 
make soup!

     
Last night I came home to some yummy sauteed free range chicken breast cooked by my adorable husband!  I thought we could use a side dish so I searched the cabinets for soup ingredients.  I came up with an easy recipe for pumpkin soup using only four main ingredients! (I did not count the spices as ingredients because it is still delicious with pumpkin flavor alone)

 Easy Pumpkin Soup
1 can 100% pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 can lite coconut milk
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1-2 cups unsalted broth (chicken or veggie)
*Note: you can add more or less broth depending on how "soupy" you like your soups
 Spices to suit your taste*, I used:
2 T lime juice
3/4 inch grated ginger root
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp ground corinander
2 tsp cilantro
Dash of curry powder
Dash of cinnamon
Salt and Pepper
  
*Sweet soup option- use pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut cream!
 
Directions:
      Throw everything in a pot, bring it to a boil and simmer until the onions are soft.  We ended up also throwing some sauteed chicken chunks in our soup for added protein. That's it! Easy as pie!  Mmm speaking of pie, I am having gluten free "Pumpkin Pie Pancakes" for my post training breakfast.  Recipe will be posted soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment