Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Paddle like a Girl, and I'm FAST!

Thank you USACK for nominating me as Athlete of the Week!


Over the last seven weeks I have been training under Guy Wilding in Honolulu, HI and I must say that I have never been this fit in my life.  I am throwing down personal best times on a weekly basis!  Coming here was what I truly wanted to do all along, but it was not an easy decision to make.  We had to raise enough funds to get here and rely on the constant support of our family and community to keep us afloat.  Things have turned out to be great and we are discovering daily just how many people believe in us.  It truly is a blessing.  


If you are at all familiar with USACK I am sure you have hear what has been going on over the last few months.  With all the drama and politic, I urge all the athletes to keep their heads on straight.  We are here to paddle.  We did not start this sport to make money or become famous; we do it because we love it.  This is something my fiance Morgan reminds me of on a daily basis.  He is a wonderful example of someone in love with the sport.  Trials are in three weeks and its time to buckle down and make these next two weeks of training count.  


I must admit that I am writing this mostly for myself, to remind me to keep my eyes on the prize.  I am so encouraged when people comment on posts or send me messages letting me know how much they believe in me.  We say it all the time, but we could not do it without the support of our family, friends, sponsors and community.  


Speaking of which, I am thoroughly enjoying my new Kula sunglasses from Maui Jim!  
You need a pair!     


Since we are always missing home, I am going to go make some biscuits for a little taste of the South.  (Not exactly athlete food, but we all cheat)  I will post a pic of how they turn out!



Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

- Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment